Specific blog assignment 9
Bring your vision to life--> page 237
Lettie
noticed what she didn’t want to do, which was to pour piles of papers onto
parents, her staff, and herself. She
also had a clear thought about what she wanted to do, which was build
relationships. In all that she did she
made sure that she did not want paperwork and that she wanted to build
relationships. I felt like she knew that
relationships were important and therefore she built upon the foundation of the
triangle. I noticed that even though
Lettie did have important paper work to fill out, she didn’t just throw the
paperwork at the parents and expected a deadline. In all of her examples, Lettie looked over
what was required and then she did her own little twist on expressing the
requirements rather then the parents and staff having to fill out form after
form. She used her managing side of the
triangle as a foundation to what she implements in her classroom as well as to
the families. From the coaching side of
the triangle, Lettie coached everyone as a group. Not only did she coach her staff, but she
coached the families as well.
I think
orientation would be a stage that I would like to revamp. I would like to also include the families not
only in meeting, but also into the classroom not during center hours. I would like to include the families from the
start, the “We are waiting for you,” book is an amazing idea that includes
families right from the inquiring stage.
I would like to include families on the learning of all the children not
only their own child.
Lettie
included everyone in the center, from center philosophies, to classroom meetings,
and to solving situations. She was
inclusive in all of the examples, and she tried her hardest to allow everyone
to have a say into decisions that were to be made in the center.
I would want to strengthen my
relationships with my parents, so that we can develop meetings that include
everyone. I want to have informal times
with the parents, in the part of the story when they said that they invite
parents into the classroom and they leave pictures, I thought that was an
informal way of including families into the classroom. I want to practice talking to groups and not
offend anyone’s perspective. I want to
spend time with my parents and my staff so that I can feel comfortable having
meetings with them. I want strengthen
including everyone not only in conflict resolution but also with my
vision.
Hey Jadelynn,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate that you understand the importance of relationships with families and it is smart to get them involved right from the start. How can your classroom environment welcome parents to stay and spend time there? What will it require of staff? Say a staff member expressed tat they are uncomfortable in talking with parents because he/she shy, what advice would you give to that person? Group meetings that involve parents are a great way to strengthen your community relationships. What skills/ techniques would you implement to make sure everyone's ideas are considered? How would you organize those ideas and how would you go about deciding once you've heard everyone's opinions?