Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Will you bring your vision to life?


Will you bring your vision to life? 

AFTERWARD-->  Learning about becoming a visionary director, in the Afterward
       section of the book, it shares many resources and various 
       programs and how each program is different. 

So will you bring your vision to life?
Knowing that there are programs out there bringing their vision to life, will you bring your vision to life?

There will be struggles and for me I just don’t know where to start, but will you bring your vision to life?

Considering the many resource and various program examples the book has shared, will you bring your vision to life?

There are so many ideas, one from bright beginnings program, another from men in early childhood education program, and many more amazing ideas that I want to incorporate into my vision, will I then bring my vision to life? 

Gaining a perspective of directing from the triangle framework, will you bring your vision to life? 

With ideas of what you want from the various scenarios within this book, will you bring your vision to life? 


I keep stumbling on this question WILL I BRING MY VISION TO LIFE?  I have gained such a great understanding for directing throughout this course, but I still feel
 -Incompetent                                         
-Scared of not satisfying                                                
-Afraid of failing                                                   
-Frightened of straying away from my vision
-Nervous                                                
-Blind, I don’t know what way to go and which
way to start

I want to bring my vision to life so badly, but I don’t have the funds, my brain is scattered, my thoughts are continuously flashing with ideas, I have mixed feelings, and I am just deathly afraid of failing and getting stuck in a rut. 

I want my own program.  I want to manage my own program.  I want to teach children.  I want to be in an open natural environment.  I want to help the children of Hawaii.  I want to have a classroom that opens to the playground.  I want to create relationships with people I will work with.  I want to be the fun director that supports my staff.  I want to hear different ideas.  I want to be that teacher that the children will remember their whole life.  I want a team that will work with me in creating my vision.  I don’t want to deal with finances.  I don’t want to deal with paperwork.  I don’t want to deal with assessments.  I just want to play. 

I plan on using ideas from programs that the Afterward chapter mentions.  I want to incorporate     
                        F- First impressions
                        A- Acquire family information
                        M- Meet in comfortable spaces
                        I- Interest families 
                        L- Learn about children’s learning
                        I- Involve families
                        E- Every day seek conversations
                        S- Show families they can be safe and secure with us. 
                                                - Hildebrandt Learning Centers

--> “Paying my staff an adequate pay including benefits.” –Old Firehouse School


--> “Placing the families and children at the center.” –London Bridge CC Services


“Love yourself.  Love your work.  Love Life.”  -United Way Bright Beginnings


“Looking for a few good men and women with the courage to work in Child Care.  Jadelynn’s Center believes gender balance is good for young children.  Interested?”
                        -Discovery Children’s Center


Though I am still on the road to completing a bachelor’s degree, I hope that I will keep my vision in mind.  I want to complete my bachelor’s degree and gain more experience within various childcares, so that I can have a more complete image of what my visionary center is.  In the end though I hope that my fears for creating my own center will become reality and that my visionary center can one day be as successful as I envision it.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi! You have listed really great questions that gets me thinking as well. I know that this book was very helpful in creating a vision for your own program even as a teacher would. Many things in this book gave good insights even to just be a teacher because I feel that thinking beyond your own framework is better. It's like saying you should be overly prepared just in case of any changes that may occur. Do you think this textbook better your thinking that before? I honestly am deathly afraid just as much as you are considering I'm not in a classroom, but I feel that it really really helped me. Learning the triangle is a guide I would definitely use and started using it to plan. Even just as a hula instructor, I'm sure I would use it to practice. I hope all works well for you because I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jadelynn,

    As Jamie had said in her comment, I also think you have listed really great questions that got me thinking as well. This book was a great resource to help us gain knowledge and learn about other resources out there for people to better themselves in this field. As you were listing, failing is one of my greatest fears, but fears are what prevents us from moving on and improving. We need to face our fears and if we fail, we need to try again till we succeed and use it as a learning tool. I need to keep this in mine for me as well because everything is easier said than done. From reading your postings, there are a lot of things that may be holding you back from pushing on, what are some ways to move forward? How might you achieve your goals? How soon do you plan to start or how soon do you want this dream to come true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jadelynn,

    I was always enjoying reading your blog. You used many images and very interesting way of listing your questions and thoughts.

    Even though you said that you do not know where to start and how, I felt that you already have a big picture of what you want for your vision. Like you mentioned, you will make more experiences and gain knowledge after you graduate and work more years in the early childhood field. While you are going through those things that you do not want, it will be more clear than now, I think.
    -no paperworks
    -no assessments
    -no financial problems
    I guess these are the things that we might have to deal with but I am pretty sure that you will know how you can manage without having too much stress and pressure.

    You also mentioned as a future director that “I want to create relationships with people I will work with.  I want to be the fun director that supports my staff.  I want to hear different ideas.  I want to be that teacher that the children will remember their whole life.” I agree with what kind of director you want to be and I actually want to be like this not only as a future director but also as a person. I want to be a person that people will open their mind to and love to work or be with me. People always have passion and visions but how do you think we can really keep those with us while we are building up our career? What do you think we can make those goals really happen?

    Miwa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jadelynn,
    You raise very critical questions in regard to actual implementation of a vision. Further, you bring up very real feelings of fear and failure. Are visions connected to passion? What happens if your passion fails? What structures need to be in place to implement your passion? How might your passion be reflected in your vision?

    Throughout the semester, you have offered deep questions to consdier for yourself but also for all of us to consider. I have been on the opening staff of several schools and understand your fears. How can a view of yourself as competent and capable challenge those fears? How might viewing all children, families, and teachers as competent and capable help to challenge those fears and support impementation of vision?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jadelynn,

    You have many aspirations, as well as ideas. What have you learned from the course that you will apply in your everday routines to get you closer to making those ideas reality. Do you have a strong relationships with anyone else in the ECE community. I think it always important to have peers you trust to go to for support, no one can do it on their own. Which programs listed in the text did you appreciate the most? Which idea or organization most inspired you? How can you take similar ideas and apply them to your program?
    -Niki

    ReplyDelete