I understand that there are requirements
and duties that accompany the task of
being a director. Also according to "The
Visionary Teacher" being able to tap into
your imagination is a necessary task for a
director.
I enjoy feeding off of children's imagination.
Their minds are so new that their creativity
is fresh. A child can imagine anything since
they don't have that conscious awareness
of what is imaginative and what is realistic.
A child's mind in the process of using her imagination
Is being too imaginative a barrier for a director
if your imagination cannot become reality?
I love to imagine and I try my hardest to
create my imagination into something real.
But what if I can't succeed, where do I go from there?
Will this frustration stop me from my day to day responsibilities as a teacher or even a director?
Is there a fine line between too much
imagination
and too much seriousness?
Yes, a director should be serious about
what her responsibility is as a director. But
I feel that there will be situations where the director
would need to think outside of the box.
Possibly everyday situations may occur.
Accommodating family's needs, working
together with colleagues, and especially
creating the appropriate settings and
opportunities for the children to develop
are a few ways that a director may need
to follow her imagination and gut feelings
rather then play by the rules.
Teacher" I feel that it stated:
imagination will help you get through the stacks of paperwork.
One day my imagination will become reality.
I would love to open my own preschool,
in Molokai where my mom lives. I want to
especially help out my hawaiian children with
getting a head start in life. I imagine a preschool
where I may possibly have a farm, children will
be learning about the ʻĀina, and parents would
show interest in their children. I have an
imagination, a vision, for what I expect myself
to become, but where do I start?
WHERE DO WE ALL START?
Written: September 14, 2013











Hi Jadelynn,
ReplyDeleteYour posting is definitely creative. Having imagination is important in any field of work. When we can think about what we want to see in our field and finding ways of making it happen we can encourage others to do the same. Oh the possibilities!!!
What happens when imagination isn't the same for everyone? How can you inspire others to imagine? Can imagination clash with beliefs and values? What potential challenges will you encounter and will you be able to make those adjustments or changes?
Love the pictures and inspiring statements.
Hi Jadelyn,
ReplyDeleteImmediately from just looking at you post, not even having to read it, you have a huge imagination and creative, which is what teachers need to understand the minds of the children. When they are young and haven't learned to read, their imaginations are their tools to understanding what is around them. We all have different ways of thinking and doing things, but what would happen two people can't get on the same page when it comes to the imagination? How might they bring themselves to be on the same page?
Hey Jadelynn,
ReplyDeleteI agree the balance of being realistic to your abilities and utilizing your creativity to help solve everyday tasks is an important characteristic for a director to have. With such big ideas how do you plan to organize all your aspirations? Is there a step by step goal process in place for you to make them reality? Do you discuss your ideas with peers, family members or co-workers? How might an open discussion with another individual expand on your ideas?
This is not one of my required blog comments, but I just had to comment on yours and tell you, "Oh Jade I just loved your post! This for sure is something that you would do (: "
ReplyDeleteBtw, love that picture of you and lyna girl
Hi Jadelynn :)
ReplyDeleteI also feel it is very important for the director to have and be in tuned with their sense of imagination, but also their seriousness (technicalities and rules). It takes knowledge of the guidelines and standards from the government, school, etc; as well as care and consideration for what is best for the children and their interests experience at school. So at what point does a director step up and challenge the standards or the limits of a larger organization or school they are involved in directing? What kind of resources or information should they have prepared to back them up?